The first Leaders UNITE conference has been rescheduled for Thursday, April 2nd 2015 from 10:00am-3:00pm. The schedule is attached in the flyer. We welcome schools and students from any group, so contact us if you are interested in attending. We anticipate a lot of students, and we are excited for the event. There will be three discussions, followed by three corresponding activities. We will also discuss Leaders UNITE and wrap up with how to bring back these concepts to our own schools. Hope to see you all there!
Steps to starting the club:
1. Get a teacher or faculty sponsor to help with the club.
2. Look at the page “2014-2015 Schedule” and read it down each column for a list of activities and discussions.
- If you have a limited amount of club time, you can pick any activities and discussion prompts as long as you
- Use all of the activities in bold font
- Pick a few activities/discussion prompts from each of the 5 categories (UNITE)
3. Send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org so you can be on the email list for club-wide volunteer opportunities and conferences!
4. Create a wordpress account (instructions on “FAQs” page) to connect with other schools and comment on discussion posts.
A Typical Leaders UNITE Club Meeting:
A Leaders UNITE club meeting could be run in any of the following ways:
Activities and Discussion
- Starting with a short discussion prompt and spring-boarding into a similar activity (you could also end with a follow-up discussion
- You could do one huge discussion for the whole club time (you can start with a given prompt, but feel free to venture into other, connected topics of discussion
- You could work on a volunteer project during club time (see some ideas under the “Community Activities” page)
- This club does not involve any fees, so no need to worry about paying!
- You will need some paper and pencils, so be sure to keep these handy. Contact email@example.com if you need any assistance in purchasing these items.
- This club can be done during school time, but if you school does not have club time, feel free to do this club before school or during after school hours.
- All of the activities and discussions on the schedule are written in ” ” because they correspond to the names of posts under the “Activities” and “Discussion Questions” pages on the website!
- Feel free to comment on any of the discussion posts, and start a discussion between you and other members of the club!
The goal of Leaders UNITE is to help people gain the knowledge and skills necessary to become more effective leaders.