Leaders UNITE is taking on its newest YAS (You are Special) project- a book! This is not a book written by one author, but this will be written by all of you! The focus of the book is on you and the YAS shoutouts you give to your friends, family, peers, lovers, or whomever deserves to know that they are special. All you need to do is fill out a simple form with the required information. And sure, readers won’t know everyone in the book, but the point is that everyone can relate to the underlying messages in these messages- everyone has people in their lives that deserve to be recognized and praised. So please, fill out the form below and have your message show up in our first book! This book can only happen with all of your shoutouts! Make someone’s day and write them a message!
Hi everyone! After the huge success on the YAS project, we have lots more to come in December and January! Here’s some things to look forward to:
- YAS (You are Special) project round 2 starting from December 20th-December 26th.
- Look at previous posts to learn more about the YAS project!
- New Year goal setting/planning workshop.
- Spend a fun day with other members of Leaders UNITE while planning goals for the 2015 year. We will also discuss changes in education systems (including changes that make leadership more engaging), how to become a more prominent leader in a school environment, and do a few of the Leaders UNITE activities.
- Dates are still being confirmed, but they will be posted soon!
- Me Too project.
- This project will be announced fully in January of 2015. For now, it is worth saying that the project helps people realize that they are not alone in regards to discrimination, social pressures, etc.
We are very excited for all of the upcoming projects! We hope you all will get involved and bringing positivity to our community!
Our Thanksgiving YAS project was a success! We had at least seven people share the YAS status, and over 90 YAS posts within the few days the project was active. Good job to everyone who posted a YAS status! We will do another round of YAS near the last week of December.
For everyone who missed it, YAS (You are Special) was a Leaders UNITE social media movement where people posted status on Facebook and posted on Instagram. Whenever someone ‘liked” the respective post, they would get a personalized message on their wall saying why they are special and important. People could “share” the status and post it as their own to continue the cycle to another group of people. On Thanksgiving day, Ivana and Julia posted multiple YAS messages on people’s walls randomly- whether they knew about the tradition or not! It was a great way to spread the holiday cheer!
In honor of Thanksgiving week, Leaders UNITE is launching our first YAS week. YAS stands for “You are Special.” This project is similar to Compliment Cards, but it is an online version. Ivana and Julia are posting facebook statuses about YAS. If you like the status, they will post a nice message on your facebook wall. They will do this if you like their status, but they will also be posting randomly on people’s walls. The message will start off, “YAS because…” Hopefully, once you receive the message, you will post your own status about YAS. We hope this really kicks off, and that this will be the first of many YAS opportunities.